Mississauga private schools are well-known for their various educational benefits, and social and academic resources. Many parents who reside in Mississauga are choosing private school education for their children because of its ability to cater to each child’s unique learning needs. Private schools also teach children the necessary skills in efforts to thrive within academic settings and the workforce. Here are six reasons why parents are choosing one of the leading private high schools, such as St. Jude’s Academy.
- Smaller class sizes: Mississauga private schools are known for having smaller class sizes due to the tight-knit community. In a smaller classroom environment, the better the average student performs. Smaller class sizes allow students to receive the one-on-one attention they require, and allow them to communicate openly with their peers and instructors, enabling them to develop both academically and socially.
- Increased parental involvement: When parents decide to send their children to Mississauga elementary schools, they often wish to become more involved in their child’s learning experience. The great thing about Private high schools is that they are designed in a way where open communication exists through parent-teacher interaction. Multiple social events such as BBQ Night or Talent Shows, and continuous parent participation in various fundraising initiatives, make families an integral part of the SJA private school experience.
- Emphasis on global citizenship: The act of being a “global citizen” is a part of our everyday lives. The world is becoming increasingly globalized and interconnected, and students at Mississauga elementary schools are often exposed to an education which allows them to adopt the necessary skill-set in order to thrive in the work force. A few ways global citizenship is incorporated within private schools include interactive and collaborative learning, usage of up-to-date technology, and a diverse demographic. Along with the standard curriculum and practical learning, students are exposed to a globalized agenda on a day-to-day basis!
- Dedicated and highly-qualified teachers: They have a reputation for maintaining high standards, and hiring the most qualified and passionate teachers. Because private schools offer a relatively rigorous curriculum in comparison to public schools, instructors must hold an advanced degree in their chosen fields. In addition, students develop closer and more meaningful relations to their teachers because of the tight-knit community at SJA.
- Academic advancement: They are relatively more challenging and rigorous in comparison to public schools. They provide enriching academic opportunities through a multitude of extra-curricular activities, gifted programs, Advanced Placement courses, and the International Baccalaureate program. The IB program encourages both personal and academic achievement. As a result, students score higher marks on standardized tests, and tend to adjust better to a university of their choice.
- Ample resources: At both you will find all kinds of resources required to support your child in the classroom. A few quality resources include advanced technology, smaller class sizes, frequent parent-teacher interaction, personalized programs, interactive activities, international programs, and even summer camp programs.